The ARM SoC changes are just the latest pull request of what's already shaping up to be another exciting kernel cycle. With the ARM SoC pull request sent in by Olof Johansson for the Linux 4.3 kernel on the kernel mailing list here are some highlights:
- New 64-bit ARM System-on-a-Chip support includes the Broadcom North Star 2, Marvell Berlin4CT, Mediatek MT6795, and the Rockchip RK3368.
- More than 23k lines of additions to the DeviceTree area. This will provide mainline kernel support on hardware such as the Rockchip Chromebooks, Freescale i.MX6UL boards, Gumstix Overo, and UniPhier hardware.
- Linux 4.12 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Linux Kernel 3.18.51 Released with MIPS, ARM, and CIFS Changes, Updated Drivers