The ARM SoC changes are just the latest pull request of what's already shaping up to be another exciting kernel cycle. With the ARM SoC pull request sent in by Olof Johansson for the Linux 4.3 kernel on the kernel mailing list here are some highlights:
- New 64-bit ARM System-on-a-Chip support includes the Broadcom North Star 2, Marvell Berlin4CT, Mediatek MT6795, and the Rockchip RK3368.
- More than 23k lines of additions to the DeviceTree area. This will provide mainline kernel support on hardware such as the Rockchip Chromebooks, Freescale i.MX6UL boards, Gumstix Overo, and UniPhier hardware.
- Latest LibreELEC 8.0 Beta Updates Linux Kernel Support Patches for Raspberry Pi
- Linux Kernel 4.9.4 Released with Various ARM/ARM64 and Networking Improvements
- Linux Kernel 4.4.42 LTS Updates USB Drivers, Improves ARM64 Support
- CentOS 7.3 (1611) Linux Distro Officially Released for ARM64/AArch64 Machines
- The New Linux 4.10 Kernel Features So Far: AMD Zen, TBM3, More ARM
- Linux 4.10 Gets Early Support For NVIDIA Tegra Parker, Other New ARM Support