Haoyu Electronics brought us several Allwinner and Rockchip Marsboard in the past few years, and now they’ve released a version based on Texas Instruments AM335x processor, with a form factor and features similar to the Beaglebone Black, but comprised of a baseboard and system-on-module.
Angstrom LXDE Desktop and Debian Wheezy 7.5 LXDE Desktop images for eMMC and SD card, as well as source code, and schematics (PDF only) are available on Marsboard CM335x download page.
The company is not trying to compete on price with the $55 Beaglebone Black, as Marsboard AM335x sells for $74.90, while the CM-AM335x system-on-module goes for $59.90 with shipping free for orders over $100. So it’s probably mostly interesting to people who require a system-on-module for their project. You may be able to find more information on Marsboard AM335x product page, and various other pages on Marsboard website.
- Raspberry Pi Foundation's Raspbian OS to Soon Be Rebased on Debian 9 "Stretch"
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices